- 21-year Newton resident and parent of a junior at Newton North
- Ward 1, School Committee Member since January 1st, 2008
- 10 years of advocacy for math, science & technology
- Past member, Underwood Academic Challenge Task Force
- Past Board President, Underwood After School Program
- Past member NPS Technology Advisory Committee
- President, RGB Software - engineering web information systems
- Ph.D in Theoretical Physics with post-docs at MIT, Oxford
- Past Assistant Professor of Physics, Boston University
2011 Video Clips
Jackie Morrissey Show - Part 1 (playing)
Jackie Morrissey Show - Part 2
The conversation, which took place on September 14th, covers the following topics.
- The new superintendent, David Fleishman.
- Jonathan Yeo's residency problem, including commentary on Peter Harrington the lead advocate in the challenge to Jonathan.
- The challenges ahead.
- Why Margaret Albright brings key experience and knowledge we need to meet those challenges in the next term.
- Early impressions of the Ward 4 School Committee race between Josh Krintzman and Diana Fisher Gomberg.
- The need for change on the School Committee.
- Why we need to elect Steve Siegel.
- Angela Pitter
- More on Jonathan Yeo's dilemma
- School Committee fumbling of facilities and criticism of the Yeo/Kusiak/Rosenbaum approach.
- Upping the School Committee's game by electing Steve Siegel, Margaret Albright and Josh Krintzman.
- Digital education.
- NewtonSTEM (www.newtonstem.org)
2011 Campaign Platform
- Continue adding new talent to the School Committee
- Focus on student achievement
- Deliver on 21st Century classrooms
- Ramp up STEM (math, science, ...)
- Fix our school buildings
- Transform communications at all levels: local, state, businesses, alumni
Vote for Change
Elect these candidates to make sure our children and their teachers get the leadership they need!