Join the Effort
- Host a yard sign. Call me at 617-645-1884 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a donation to support the campaign. Any amount helps: $20, $50, $100.
You can donate on line:
or mail a check.
PayPal handles contributions by credit card and debit card. You do not need to have a PayPal account to use this service. Please check the appropriate boxes, as you make the donation, to send us your contact information: address and phone number. We need this information to comply with campaign finance laws.
Make checks out to Committee To Elect Geoff Epstein and mail to:
Committee To Elect Geoff Epstein, 8 Stalker Lane, Framingham MA 01702
(please include your name, address, and phone number on the check)
- Born in Sydney, Australia. US resident 1975. US Citizen 1987.
- Married to Kathryn Weldon: Tufts graduate, majoring in French & Philosophy; MBA (Georgia State University), now an experienced wireless industry analyst.
- 3 sons, one educated in the Brookline Public Schools, now a video game designer, the other two educated in the Newton Public Schools, one a Johnson & Wales trained chef, transitioning to teaching History and ESL in Seattle, the other nearing completion of a Mechanical Engineering degree at Purdue.
- Framingham resident since 2014
- B.Sc.,Physics, Ph.D. Theoretical Physics, Sydney University
- Postdoctoral positions: Oxford,UK; University Of Pittsburgh, MIT
- Assistant Professor of Physics, Boston University
- Private sector employment in applied mathematics & software engineering: Computervision,Automatix,Textron Defense Systems,PTC,Biorad
- Software engineering consulting and application development: Bytex,Kodak,Polaroid,TERC,EMC,Tradeloop,Boston Federal Reserve Bank,Omgeo,FDA.
- Member of the FPS Communications Task Force, 2016
- Newton School Committee member 2008-2013
- Initiated the successful 2008 launch of the Newton FIRST Robotics team with a parent activist, VP at PTC.
- Successfully argued the Newton School Committee case for funding debt exclusions for two new elementary schools.
- 7 years helping 4 Newton PTOs develop websites from scratch and move their communications online
- Past Board President, Underwood After School Program, Newton
- Past member Newton Public Schools Technology Advisory Committee
- Grassroots democracy and municipal communications.
- Using simple math to analyze all kinds of problems at the municipal level to get better insight and better solutions.
- Environmental issues at all levels, including getting solar panels on every roof in Framingham with a good solar exposure, and making sure that open space is preserved/expanded.
- Simple, durable approaches to personal health based on walking, gardening, reducing sugar, eliminating high fructose corn syrup and eating great home cooked meals. I have a YouTube cooking channel, Cookaburra, with 200 subscribers and about 43 videos.